BETTER WITH BERTRAM
Unlike satellite services, where your signal has to travel thousands of miles creating slow response times, our service only travels a couple miles. This means you see faster speeds and a more reliable connection. Bertram runs off a tower system, that is all ground based and your link isn’t affected by the weather. Bertram has unlimited data included in all of our plans. Where other services limit you to how much you can enjoy, with Bertram the possibilities are limitless.
Bertram operates a network of over 200 tower sites, off of which we create a wireless network serving areas all across Wisconsin. Getting your home connected is as simple as having our technician place a small antenna on your home and point it to our nearest tower. This allows us to reach areas where traditional internet providers can’t reach.
Starting July, 1st 2020 we will be adding an Broadband Cost Recovery Fee to your monthly bill. This fee helps cover costs associated with building and maintaining Bertram Internet’s broadband network, as well as the costs of expanding network capacity to support the continued increase in customers’ average broadband consumption.
The Broadband Cost Recovery Fee will be a 5.5% of internet access rate and assessed on your monthly invoice.
If your location isn’t a year round residence, you can set your account to away status. To set up an away status, simply give our friendly customer service representatives and they will be able to assist you in setting it up.
- The account must be in good standing prior to starting away status and the traditional billing cycle still applies to the account.
- A fee of $9 a month is charged for away status.
- When you would like to reinstate service, call our offices to have service reestablished.
Payments can be made with debit or credit cards, by check, or by making a cash payment in our Random Lake office.
Credit, and debit card payments can be made over the phone and you can set them up for automatic billing (to be automatically charged on the first of each month).
Checking accounts can be added through the customer portal and can also be set up for automatic billing on the first of each month.
Monthly bills are emailed in PDF format, so it is important to keep your email address up to date with us. To view them you will need Adobe Acrobat Reader.
We send out invoices on the 1st of each month via email. The bill is due on the 11th of each month. If payment hasn’t been received by the 13th, the account may receive a late fee.
Bertram Wireless Customers
- Go to https://powercode.bertramwireless.com
- Type in your username and password
- Click on the Billing tab
- Click on “Make a payment”
- Enter your credit card or debit card information. If your information is in the account already, you may make the payment without entering your card number
- Click “Make payment.” Type in the amount and then click “OK”
- We accept Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express, and E-Check.
Bertram is able to connect your home to the internet using our network of over 200 towers. This is done using wireless technology. One of our qualified install technicians places a small antenna on your home and points it towards one of our towers. This antenna receives a signal from the tower and provides you with a reliable connection to enjoy surfing, streaming and gaming.
- Site survey
- The technician will locate the best location to mount the equipment using a preprogrammed antenna and a headset, listening for the best signal.
- Installation of the mount, antenna and dish
- This will be attached to the roof, the side of the house or a post in the yard, dependent on the best location for service.
- Cable will be run from the antenna and into the house
- The technician will help you set up the router (not provided), and will ensure the connection is stable
The technician will have you electronically sign the service agreement and they will provide information on billing, accessing the customer portal, and answer any questions you may have about the service.
Most of the services we offer are able to support streaming. It is important to know the system requirements for services like Hulu and Netflix, because each has its own requirements for bandwidth needed for streaming videos smoothly.
- 0.5 Megabits per second – Required broadband connection speed
- 1.5 Megabits per second – Recommended broadband connection speed
- 3.0 Megabits per second – Recommended for SD quality
- 5.0 Megabits per second – Recommended for HD quality
- 25 Megabits per second – Recommended for Ultra HD quality (4k)
If you are experiencing issues with Netflix, login to your Netflix account and find “Your Account & Help.” Then select “Manage Video Quality” and adjust your streaming to “Good Quality”
- 720p – a minimum of 3.5Mbps downstream bandwidth
- 480p – a minimum of 1.5Mbps downstream bandwidth
- 360p – a minimum of 1.0Mbps downstream bandwidth
No. We use Coaxial cable to bring service into your home, and this is not compatible with the DSL or cable modems.
Yes, you can! All you need is a wireless router. We recommend Linksys brand routers; they are easy to set up and tend to work best with our equipment.
Bertram Wireless Email Set Up:
- Open up Outlook Express or Microsoft Outlook
- Go to the tools menu, then select “Accounts”
- Click “Add” and then select “Mail”
- Type in your display name in the box provided (this is how people will see your name)
- Click “Next”
- Enter your full email address as your username
- Click “Next”
- Make sure that the line across the top reads “My incoming mail server is a POP3 server”
- In the incoming and outgoing mail server boxes, type in “mail.bertramwireless.com”
- Verify that your username/login is your full email address and is typed correctly
- Click “Next” and then “Finish”
Bertramwireless.com Email Settings:
- Incoming Server: mail.bertramwireless.com
- Outgoing Server: mail.bertramwireless.com
- Outgoing Authentication on and use password authentication
- Username is full email address
NConnect.net Email Settings:
- Incoming Server: pop.nconnect.net
- Outgoing Server: smtp.nconnect.net
- Turn on “Outgoing Authentication”
- Username is your full email address
Go to mail.bertramwireless.com or click here.
First, we recommend our rebooting process, which goes as follows:
- Unplug the Motorola/Phihong power supply from the wall outlet
- Unplug your wireless router’s power supply if you have wi-fi in your home or shutdown your computer if you don’t have wi-fi
- Wait 5 minutes
- Plug in the Motorola/Phihong power supply
- Plug in the router power supply
- Wait 5 minutes
If you’re not online after that, call our tech support line at (920)351-1023.